HEALTH and NUTRITION
Good nutrition and physical activity are important habits for you, your family and your friends to practice for life-long health.
Eating healthful foods and exercising at every stage of life will help you:
- enjoy great tasting foods
- build physical strength and endurance
- feel your best and work productively
- reduce your risk of health problems, such as heart disease, diabetes and cancer
Healthy habits should be:
- REALISTIC - Small changes work best.
- FLEXIBLE - Don't worry about one meal or one day. Balance your physical activity and what you eat over several days.
- SENSIBLE - Enjoy food, just don't overdo it.
Are you needing information to help you prepare meals, how to eat well on a budget, and/or improve your cooking skills? Here are some helpful resources for you.
- Cooking Basics: Getting Started
- The Well-Stocked Kitchen: Pantry and Non-Refrigerated Foods
- The Well-Stocked Kitchen: Refrigerated and Frozen Foods
- Cooking Basics: Measuring Tools and How to Use Them
- Cooking Basics: Basic Cooking Terms
- Cooking Basics: Making a Meal from What's On Hand
- Cooking Basics: Reducing a Recipe
- Food Preservation and Canning